James P. Moran - Partner
Focus of Practice
Mr. Moran has 25 years of civil litigation experience in areas including general construction litigation, nursing home defense, auto liability, and premises liability.
Mr. Moran has represented clients throughout the United States and has tried cases in the areas of medical malpractice, construction, auto, premises liability, and municipal and public entity liability.
- The Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Law School Affiliation
- Guest Faculty, University of Notre Dame Law School, Trial Advocacy Program, 2004 to Present
Lectures and Publications
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, with the Participation by the Construction Litigation Committee: "Mastering the Construction Contract From the Purchaser's Perspective," April, 1994
- Chicago Bar Association, Real Property Committee: "New Construction Contracts," April & October, 1993
- Chicago Bar Association, Real Property Committee: "Technical Defenses To A Construction Claim," February, 1993
- Sklar, S. P., Weber, M. J., Moran, J. P., "Illinois," Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law, Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1992
- Sklar, S. P., Moran, J. P., "Complying With The Illinois Mechanics' Lien By Furnishing Lienable Materials Or Services," Chicago Bar Association C.L.E., February, 1992
- Sklar, S. P., Moran, J. P., "Common Pitfalls On Requests For Changes and Extras," Chicago Bar Association C.L.E., 1991
- Sklar, S. P., Moran, J. P., "The Illinois Mortgage Foreclosure Law and the Notice of Foreclosure Provision-Death Knell For Mechanics' Liens and the "Relation Back Doctrine?" (accepted for publication by the Illinois State Bar Journal-1994)
- Juris Doctor (with high honors): Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois.
- Bachelor of Business Administration: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana. Major: Marketing